1. Dynamic Access Control: automatically apply access restriction to certain files that contain sensitive information, such as social security
2. Improved IIS version 8
3. DirectAccess that can replace VPN. 2012 version works better than 2008
4. Hyper V (does require System Center to properly manage). Hyper-V Replica can keep snap-shots updated between servers.
5. iSCSI (available in 2008 & 2012 servers)
6. Faster network file transfer with SMB 3.0
7. Powershell – automate management of servers and applications via scheduled tasks