- MDS Zoning Configuration has been completed.
- Operating Systems
- ESXi OS has been installed onto the host and added into vSphere
- Windows 2016 with Emulex Fibre Channel have been configured
- Linux image is configured
- The 3PAR StoreServ application has been installed on a server that is accessible via HTTPS from the administrator’s workstation, and this application has already been setup to control the SANs at the Florida remote site.
Navigate to https://3par.kimconnect.com
Close this if it pops up (since documenting a tutorial inside a tutorial is no bueno)
Click on 3PAR StoreServ > Systems > select FL-3PAR01 > click on the drop down arrow next to Overview > select Map
1. Creating Host Sets
Click on 3PAR StoreServ > Show All > Host Sets
Click on Create Host Set
Input Name & System values > click on Add hosts
Hold down the shift button to select multiple hosts > click Add when done
2. Creating Virtual Volumes
Click 3PAR StoreServ > Virtual Volumes
Fill out the values for Name & System > click Add at the Export section
Select the targeted hosts to export this volume toward > click Add when done
3. Adding Hosts onto Host Set
Click on 3PAR StoreServ > Hosts
Click on Create Host
Fill out the Name, System, Host OS & Host set fields > click ‘Add FC‘ when ready
At the pop-up screen, hold down the shift key and select the two nodes that are associated with the new ESXi host > click Add
Click Create to initiate the Host creation process
Look for completion
4. Verifying LUN Accessibility
a. ESXi Host
Access vSphere > navigate to the newly added ESXi host > right-click on it > click on Storage > select Rescan Storage
Navigate to the FL-ESX007 host > click on the Configure tab > Storage Adapters > select vmhba64 & vmhba65 > verify that the LUNs statuses are Active
If this were to occur after a storage re-scan operation, we may assume that there’s a mis-configuration somewhere. In which case, going back the drawing board to investigate the problem will include checking the 3PAR settings and/or Cisco MDS configs.
b. Windows Host
Run OneCommand Manager to view Target Mapping
I’m bored. No more writing without this.