- MDS Zoning Configuration has been completed.
- Operating Systems
- ESXi OS has been installed onto the host and added into vSphere
- Windows 2016 with Emulex Fibre Channel have been configured
- Linux image is configured
- The 3PAR StoreServ application has been installed on a server that is accessible via HTTPS from the administrator’s workstation, and this application has already been setup to control the SANs at the Florida remote site.
Navigate to https://3par.kimconnect.com
Close this if it pops up (since documenting a tutorial inside a tutorial is no bueno)
Click on 3PAR StoreServ > Systems > select FL-3PAR01 > click on the drop down arrow next to Overview > select Map
1. Creating Host Sets
Click on Create Host Set
2. Creating Virtual Volumes
Fill out the values for Name & System > click Add at the Export section
Select the targeted hosts to export this volume toward > click Add when done
3. Adding Hosts onto Host Set
Look for completion
4. Verifying LUN Accessibility
a. ESXi Host
If this were to occur after a storage re-scan operation, we may assume that there’s a mis-configuration somewhere. In which case, going back the drawing board to investigate the problem will include checking the 3PAR settings and/or Cisco MDS configs.
b. Windows Host
Run OneCommand Manager to view Target Mapping
I’m bored. No more writing without this.