Cluster resource of type 'Virtual Machine' in clustered role failed. The error code was '0x37' ('The specified network resource or device is no longer available.').
There are several probable causes, and these are outlined below:
- Antivirus interfering with VM files.
- Follow these Recommended antivirus exclusions for Hyper-V hosts: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3105657
- Network adapter drivers with certain queuing features that cause problems
- Check the event log for these errors:
System Event ID 113: Failed to allocate VMQ for NIC NINTENDO-C66A-4FCC-8395-CONTRA2--LUIGI-2F98-4DC4-A7CD-ZELDA (Friendly Name: test-vm) on switch NINTENDO-398C-49B1-B493-SUPERMARIO3 (Friendly Name: Trunk). Reason - Maximum number of VMQs supported on the Protocol NIC is exceeded. Status = Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.
- Either run this PowerShell script OR use the GUI method below
- Run ncpa.cpl > right-click a NIC card or NIC Team > highlight ‘Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol > click Configure
Click ‘Yes’ on this prompt
Select the ‘Advanced’ tab > Locate ‘Virtual Machine Queues’, ‘Virtual Machine Queues – Shared Mumu’, ‘Virtual Machine Queues – VLAND Id Something’ > change its value to Disabled > OK