Requirement: The guest VM must be a Gen 2 or newer machine type. SCSI do not work with Gen 1 VM’s
1. Clone the existing Guest VM as a full backup
2. While having target Guest VM powered off, edit its VHD file > change ddb.adapterType = “ide” to ddb.adapterType = “lsilogic”
3. Remove the drive from the Guest VM with the “DO NOT remove from virtual machine and delete files from disk” option > move DVD Rom to ‘master’ designation
4. Add a new hard disk > choose the “Use an existing virtual disk” option > select the targeted hard disk
1. Revert changes by replacing the original VM with the cloned VM.