- Backup the configs of the old controller
- Restore the configs to the new controller
- SSH into AP with previous controller’s username & password
- Reset the AP with this command: ‘syswrapper.sh restor-default’
- Reconnect to AP with default credentials ubnt/ubnt
set-inform x.x.x.x:8080/inform(x.x.x.x is the ip of the new unifi controller)
- Logon to new controller and verify that such AP has been adopted
rambo@Unifi-Controller:/home/rambo# ssh firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com's password: BusyBox v1.25.1 () built-in shell (ash) ___ ___ .__________.__ | | |____ |__\_ ____/__| | | / \| || __) | | (c) 2010-2020 | | | | \ || \ | | Ubiquiti Networks, Inc. |______|___| /__||__/ |__| |_/ https://www.ui.com/ Welcome to UniFi UAP-AC-Pro-Gen2! UBNT-BZ.v4.3.21# mca-cli shell UniFi# set-inform 192.168.0.100:8080/inform Adoption request sent to '192.168.0.100:8080/inform'. Use the controller to complete the adopt process.